Edamame and Spinach Pesto Ingredients
(Makes about 1 1/2 cups):
- 1 cup Taylor Farms Organic Arugula
- 1 cup Taylor Farms Organic Spinach
- 1 jalepeno (seeded and ribs removed if you don’t like spicy) optional
- 1 green onion
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas (or edamame) thawed or cooked for 1-2 minutes in boiling water
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water (start by adding 1 teaspoon at a time until it is at your desired consistency)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the salmon, skin-side up in the pan. Cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- Place all the pesto ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Into a bowl, add the greens and toppings from the Mediterranean Crunch Chopped Salad and grilled salmon. Top with Edamame and Spinach Pesto and drizzle with the Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy The Fit Fork Feed.