- 1 Taylor Farms Apple Feta Salad Kit
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and quartered
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- On a large platter, combine the greens and toppings from the salad kit, along with the avocado and pomegranate arils.
- Drizzle with the White Balsamic Shallot Vinaigrette from the salad kit right before serving. You can also add pieces of the whole pomegranate for presentation. The vibrant red pomegranate arils and pieces will not only add visual appeal but also a burst of freshness to the salad!
Let’s take a moment to dive a little deeper into feta, a brined curd cheese traditionally made from sheep’s milk that offers a distinctive tangy flavor and crumbly texture. This cheese is obviously excellent in salads, but what else can you do with it?
In savory applications, feta shines as a flavorful addition to various Mediterranean and Middle Eastern dishes. Crumble it over roasted vegetables or use it as a stuffing for bell peppers alongside couscous or quinoa. But what about breakfast? Try incorporating feta into omelets or frittatas for a creamy and salty contrast. It can also play a starring role in savory pastries like spanakopita, adding more richness and depth to the filling.
Beyond savory fare, feta can elevate a wide range of sweet creations. Pair it with honey and fresh fruit for a dessert or snack — the salty notes of the cheese balance the sweetness of the honey and fruit. You can even incorporate feta into cheesecake for a richer, more complex flavor!
Feta’s versatility also extends to spreads and dips. Blend it with herbs, garlic, and olive oil to create a savory feta spread, perfect for slathering on crackers or crusty bread. Or use it as a creamy element in pasta dishes, where the heat of the pasta slightly melts the cheese, creating a luscious sauce. Feel free to experiment with this adaptable cheese even more to see what you can come up with!