As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Site, services, features and content, to administer your Membership (together, the “Service”) and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- When you register with us through the Site, as a Taylor Fresh Subscriber or when you choose to create your own profile webpage we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, credit card or other billing information, email address and home and business postal addresses. We use your Personal Information mainly to provide the Service and administer your inquiries.
- We also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your profile webpage (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own) and individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”).
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Service, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Taylor Fresh Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Site and Service are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with Taylor Fresh Foods newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “user preferences” information. (See “Changing or Deleting Information,” below.)
When you visit the Site, whether as a Taylor Fresh Subscriber or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a “Taylor Fresh User”), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Service and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase our Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit the Site again, it will recognize you and serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Site meet the criteria required to process their requests.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Taylor Fresh Foods. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Taylor Fresh Subscribers
When you register through the Site and submit your Personal Information to create a profile webpage, Taylor Fresh Users may see your “Screen Name” and the month and year you first registered with Taylor Fresh (“Required Subscriber Identifiers”). You can choose what other Personal Information you provide as part of your profile (“Other Subscriber Information”) and in some cases you can choose whether to share that information publicly on the Site by making selections via the “user preferences” section of your profile webpage. Providing Other Subscriber Information is voluntary and should correlate with the degree of interaction you want to have with Taylor Fresh Users. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and that you not use your real name as your “Screen Name,” since that would allow others to identify you.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information
We may share aggregated information that includes your Personal Information, Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis and demographic profiling and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. We may also provide Personal Information to our business partners or other trusted entities for the purpose of providing you with information on goods or services we believe will be of interest to you. You can, at any time, opt out of receiving such communications.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
Taylor Fresh Foods cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Taylor Fresh Foods or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
CHANGING OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
All Subscribers may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their registration profile by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us at email@example.com with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Taylor Fresh Foods is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We are not in the business of providing information security. We do employ limited data security measures, such as encryption, on some but not all systems. Do not provide your personal information if you are concerned with its disclosure. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Site contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit an advertiser by “clicking on” a banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
OUR POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN
This Site is not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship (1) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to that customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please email the Privacy Officer at email@example.com or write to us at:
Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc.
150 Main Street
Salinas, CA 93901
Attention: California Disclosure Information
We will respond to such written requests within 30 days following receipt at the mailing address above. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified above or otherwise exempted by law. Please note that we are required only to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
You may contact the Privacy Officer to access, correct or delete your Personal Information. If necessary, the Privacy Officer will contact another employee to assist in completing your requested task.
If you have any questions or complaints, please contact the Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer can be reached by telephone at: (831) 676-9765; by Facsimile at: (831) 676-9751; by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or by mail at Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc., Attn: John Mazzei, 911-B Blanco Circle, Salinas, CA 93901, USA.