- 2 Taylor Farms’ Avocado Ranch Chopped Salad Kits (~26 ounces)
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Cheese (for melted cheese medallions)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded pepperjack cheese (optional – for melted cheese medallions)
- 1 sweet pepper (sliced into thin rounds – for melted cheese medallions)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup taco seasoning of choice*
- 1⁄4 cup mango juice (or sub water)
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa
- 16 golden grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup pickled onions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, make small piles of shredded cheese (~ 1/8 cup each) — Mexican cheese first with a little pepperjack in the middle / on top. Cheese piles should be evenly spaced and with about 2″ between them so there’s room to melt. Place a single slice/round of sweet pepper on the top of each pile. Bake and let melt for approximately 8 – 10 minutes, checking on them periodically. You want them to be melted, flat, and bubbly so that they get crispy but not burned. Remove them from oven and let them cool for about 5 -10 minutes before serving.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute / brown your ground beef, making sure to break it into small pieces/crumbles with a large spoon or spatula as it cooks.
- Once browned (usually about 6 – 8 min), add in your cooked quinoa, the taco seasoning, and the mango juice (or water). Stir thoroughly and cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Assemble your salads: divide chopped salad mixture evenly amongst 4 bowls. Top with taco meat, pickled onions, cilantro, and tomatoes. Then, top with the items that came in the bag (dried corn, shredded cheese, and dressing). Serve each salad with 1 -2 crispy cheese medallions.
Recipe courtesy of Nosh and Nourish.