- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Lb ground Italian turkey sausage
- 3 Cups of Taylor Farms Organic Baby Kale
- 2 pie dough disks (pre made is okay)
- 15 eggs
- 1 Cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a medium sized casserole dish (9×13) with two pie dough disks. Trim and crimp edges.
- Heat a medium cast iron skillet with olive oil on medium heat. Add in turkey sausage and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until cooked through. Add in kale and stir together with sausage. Add in 2-3 tablespoons of water and place a lid on pan for 2 minutes. Kale will steam and wilt. Stir together once more and remove from heat.
- In a large bowls whisk together eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper. Gently stir in kale and sausage mixture. Pour egg mixture into prepared dough-lined casserole dish. Dollop egg mixture evenly with ricotta cheese.
- Bake quiche for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and top with parmesan cheese, and return quiche to oven. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the middle of the quiche has just set. Cool for ten minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe by College Housewife