Do you really want to knock it out of the park this Valentine’s Day? Here’s an idea: Just stay in.
There’s no need for reservations when you can whip up an elegant homemade dinner instead — no white tablecloth required (but it would be a nice touch, just saying). And before you dismiss the idea, thinking that it will be too much work (or too difficult), we have yet another idea: let Taylor Farms help!
While we can’t come over and cook for you, we can make things a little easier on your end, starting with our sweetest sweetheart, the Sweet Kale Chopped Salad Kit.
A Sweet Kale Salad for Your Sweetheart
What better way to celebrate your sweetheart than with our Sweet Kale Salad? It starts with a blend of fresh kale, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and radicchio that’s topped with tangy cranberries, nutty pumpkin seeds, and a creamy poppyseed dressing that provides the ideal balance between sweet and savory. Hearty and, dare we say, a little elegant, this salad offers a satisfying combination of flavors and textures that can instantly elevate any meal — especially a Valentine’s dinner.
And here’s the best part: it’s already been washed and chopped, so all you have to do is combine the ingredients, toss them together, and serve. That’s it. (Psst… we’ll even let you claim that you made it yourself; just make sure the discarded package is in the recycle bin before your date arrives.)
Sweet Kale Salad Entrees
Did you know your Sweet Kale Chopped Salad Kit can be used in several delectable main dishes that are all V-Day worthy? Check out these easy Taylor-made recipes that use the Sweet Kale Chopped Salad Kit as a tasty shortcut:
This comforting dish combines baked sweet potatoes, perfectly grilled chicken, homemade bacon vinaigrette(!), and our Sweet Kale Salad—to deliver a unique and memorable meal that happens to pair quite well with a lit candle (or two) on the table.
Can a flatbread be fancy? If you top it with balsamic-marinated chicken, creamy goat cheese, crunchy pistachios, and our Sweet Kale Salad, it absolutely can. Enjoy this decadent flatbread!
Need a meatless option? Add some fresh figs, burrata cheese, and sliced almonds to our Sweet Kale Salad for a dramatically pink dish that’s as pretty as it is tasty.
Build a Meal around the Sweet Kale Salad
Easy Side Dishes
So you’ve prepped your Sweet Kale Salad. Now it’s time to decide on the rest of the meal. Here are some easy ideas for sides.
Potatoes: These versatile starchy spuds have endless options for easy side dishes. The most low-effort choice is to just toss a few potatoes in the oven to bake while you handle the other dishes. Simply scrub the potatoes, pierce each one with a fork, rub them with olive oil, sprinkle generously with salt, and bake at 425°F for 45-60 minutes until tender. If you don’t prefer crispy skin on the outside, wrap each potato in aluminum foil before baking for a softer exterior.
Roasted Vegetables: Another way to let the oven do all the work. Toss diced vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, or a broccoli & carrots combo with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then roast them in the oven until tender and caramelized.
Quinoa Pilaf: Cook your quinoa according to package instructions and toss it with some chopped herbs like parsley or cilantro, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a drizzle of olive oil. Add in some diced cucumber or cherry tomatoes for extra freshness!
Roasted Asparagus: Okay, one more oven recipe. Trim asparagus spears, toss them with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then roast until tender and slightly caramelized for a steakhouse-worthy side.
Easy Main Courses
We tend to think salmon is an easy play here, especially in the oven. There are so many routes you can take, all of which are deliciously simple — even for the most novice of home cooks.
Here are some ideas:
- Lemon Herb Salmon: Place salmon filets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs (such as dill or parsley), and squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top. Bake at 400°F for 12-15 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Garlic Butter Salmon: Arrange salmon filets on a baking dish. Melt butter and minced garlic together, then pour over the salmon. Season with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon: Combine honey, Dijon mustard, and a splash of soy sauce in a bowl. Place salmon fillets on a baking sheet and brush the glaze over the top. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
If salmon isn’t your thing, you can instead opt for pre-seasoned proteins like pork and beef tenderloin. These are already marinated and typically only require being cooked in the oven, so they’re just as easy (and fool-proof!).
What About Dessert?
You can certainly go plenty of different ways with your dessert choice, but we’ll leave you with some easy ideas:
- Chocolate-dipped Strawberries: A Valentine’s classic! Dip fresh strawberries in melted chocolate and then set them on parchment paper until the chocolate hardens. For extra credit, try drizzling melted white chocolate over the strawberries as they sit.
- Berry Parfait: Layer Greek yogurt, granola, and mixed berries in clear glasses for a light and refreshing dessert that’s also quite lovely to look at.
- Chocolate Fondue: Carefully melt chocolate with a small bit of cream, then serve with assorted fruits, marshmallows, and cookies for dipping.
- Vanilla Panna Cotta: Mix gelatin with cream, sugar, and vanilla extract, then pour into molds and chill until set.
Happy Valentine’s Day, and good luck with your dinner! Be sure to use our handy store locator to find the nearest Taylor Farms products for your occasion.