DILL PICKLE BUFFALO CHICKEN SANDWICHES
4 Sandwiches Total Time
- 1 Taylor Farms Dill Pickle Chopped Kit, assembled & tossed (reserve some dressing for spreading on buns)
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons Buffalo Sauce, plus more for serving
- 4 medium sized Chicken Thighs
- ~3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 – 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 4 Brioche or Bakery Buns
- 1 Beefsteak Tomato, sliced
- 4 Dill Pickles, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk & 3 tablespoons buffalo sauce. Add the chicken to the bowl & let it marinade for 30 minutes, up to 2 hours.
- Once chicken has marinated, remove it from the buttermilk mixture & let excess buttermilk drip off. Coat chicken in flour, making sure it’s completely covered. Repeat with remaining chicken thighs.
- To fry the chicken, begin by heating your oil in a large, heavy bottom pot or dutch oven. You want enough oil to cover the bottom of the pot, & go half way up the chicken, roughly 1/2″ of oil.
- Once oil has reached 350°, carefully lower chicken into the oil & cook on one side for 6-7 minutes, until chicken is golden brown. Then, flip the chicken & cook for another 6-7 minutes on the second side, until chicken is browned & cooked through (165° internal temperature).
- Place fried chicken in a bowl & pour over enough buffalo sauce to completely cover the chicken, then toss until the chicken is completely coated in sauce.
- Lightly toast Brioche buns & slather remaining salad dressing on both sides of each bun. Top with chicken, sliced tomato, pickles & Taylor Farm’s Dill Pickle Chopped Kit.
**An elevated take on a classic fried chicken sandwich! These sandwiches feature crispy fried chicken dunked in spicy buffalo sauce, juicy tomato slices, & dill pickles, all topped with Taylor Farm’s Dill Pickle Chopped Salad, piled high on a soft brioche bun!
**For a shortcut version, replace chicken with chicken tenders or chicken nuggets.
TRY MORE RECIPES
Persimmon and Burrata Harvest Salad
A stellar harvest salad recipe that's still light, featuring burrata cheese, sliced persimmons, and our Sweet Kale Chopped Salad Kit.
Ginger Sesame Tofu & Winter Vegetable Stir-fry
Combine the Taylor Farms Ginger Garlic Stir Fry Kit with extra-firm tofu and top with sesame seeds for a vegetarian stir fry.
Buffalo Cauliflower Kale Wraps
These easy-to-make Buffalo Cauliflower Kale Wraps are a perfect plant-based gameday snack that will also (hopefully) reduce your usual napkin usage just a bit.