TEMPEH TERIYAKI STIR FRY
2-3 Total Time
- 6 oz package of Tempeh, sliced
- 1 Taylor Farms Teriyaki Meal Kit
- 2–3 Tbsp oil, for stir fry
Tempeh stir fry sauce:
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1–2 tsp sriracha (optional, for spice)
- Slice the tempeh into 1″ thick slices and mix together the stir-fry sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Add 1-2 Tbsp oil to a skillet or wok and turn on the heat. Once the oil is hot, add the tempeh slices in a single layer and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned and crispy.
- Once the tempeh is browned, pour in the tempeh stir fry sauce and mix to coat. Cook for about 1 minute until the sauce sticks to the tempeh. Remove the tempeh from the pan and set aside.
- In a separate wok (or the same pan, but rinsed), add in 1 Tbsp of oil and turn on the heat. Once the oil is hot, add in the Taylor Farms stir fry veggies. Cook for 5-8 minutes until the veggies are crisp and cooked throughout. While the veggies are cooking, cut a slit in the noodle packet and microwave for 1 minute to soften the noodles.
- Next, add the noodles to the pan of cooked veggies and stir fry together for an additional 1 minute. Once mixed, add in the Taylor Farms Teriyaki Sauce and mix everything together for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and top with the marinated tempeh. Serve immediately!
Leftovers will keep in a closed container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Please refer to blog post for substitution ideas for the tempeh stir fry sauce.
For a less salty tempeh stir-fry sauce, replace the soy sauce with low sodium soy sauce or replace 1 Tbsp of the soy sauce with vegetable broth/water.
TRY MORE RECIPES
Maple Bourbon Bacon Sweet Potato Skins
Who knew that baked sweet potatoes are the ideal vessel for serving our Maple Bourbon Chopped Salad Kit? Try this easy recipe for a meatless meal for any weeknight.
Kale Harvest Salad
This elegant salad made with our Asiago Kale Chopped Salad Kit, pomegranate, fresh persimmons, and delicata squash is the perfect mix of fall-inspired flavors.
Roasted Garlic with Garlic Lemon Shrimp Skewers
Is there a more obvious combination than shrimp, lemon, and garlic? Maybe so, but we certainly aren't aware of it.