- 1 can (about 2 cups) chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry with paper towels
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, divided
- 1 package Taylor Farms Maple Bourbon Bacon Salad
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium watermelon radish, sliced thin and cut in half
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, toss the chickpeas with the bbq sauce and maple syrup. Spread out on the baking sheet in an even layer and bake in preheated oven for 30 – 35 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- In one wide mouth mason jar, pour in half of the salad dressing from the Maple Bourbon Bacon Salad kit. Next, begin layering: Add 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, the chickpeas (about 1/2 cup), and 1 cup of the greens, bacon, and nuts from the salad kit.
- Layer with 1/4 cup of the cabbage, the watermelon radish slices, cherry tomatoes, and avocado. Press salad down into jar and seal with lid and place in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Salad jars should stay fresh for 2 – 3 days in the refrigerator, but are best eaten the day of!
Recipe courtesy of Madeline Hall.