- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 16 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cups green beans, washed and trimmed
- ¼ cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 1⅓ cups fried onions
- Heat oven to 350.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan.
- Add onion and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms and continue to saute for 15 minutes.
- While the mushrooms cook, add green beans to a pot with about ¼ cup of water.
- Heat pot over medium, steaming beans for about 5 minutes until they are tender.
- Add beans to an ice water bath to prevent further cooking.
- Add vegetable stock to mushrooms to deglaze plan.
- Add ½ of the mushroom mixture to a blender with 1 cup of coconut milk, and puree. Reserve the rest of the mix in the pan.
- Return pureed mushroom blend to the pan.
- Stir in salt, garlic powder, and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, mix together the green beans, mushroom soup, and ⅔ cup fried onions.
- Add to a baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Top with remaining ⅔ cup onions and bake for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Whitney E. RD.