1. In a large bowl mix together ¼ cup of the cornstarch, white pepper, garlic powder and 1 tsp ground ginger. Toss the torn pieces of tofu in it until completely coated.
2. Heat a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat and add ¼ cup cooking oil, or enough that the entire bottom of the pan is coated.
3. Once the oil is heated, add tofu pieces. Cook for 8-10 minutes until golden brown, flipping to brown evenly on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside on a rack over some paper towels. It’s best not to place them directly on the paper towels so they don’t get soggy.
4. Add green onion, garlic, orange zest, and crushed red pepper to the pan. Saute for 30 seconds or so until fragrant. Add soy sauce, sugar, broth, ¼ tsp ground ginger, rice vinegar, and 1 tbs oil. Bring to a boil and boil for about 3 minutes
5. In a small bowl stir 2 tsp cornstarch into ¼ cup water and pour it into the sauce, stirring constantly until thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Toss the tofu pieces in the sauce and serve with your Taylor Farms Asian Chopped Salad, and cooked jasmine rice, top with sesame seeds if desired.
Recipe by Vegan Travel Eats