- 1 cup dry quick-cook farro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- optional: 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- optional: 1 sprig fresh thyme
- optional: 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed and discarded, stalks cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup spring peas
- 1 6-ounce clam Taylor Farms Organic 50/50 Baby Spring Green and Baby Spinach Mix
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to season
For the simple lemon vinaigrette:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small shallot, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Make the simple lemon vinaigrette: Combine all listed ingredients in a jar (or another container that seals) and shake vigorously to combine. Store, sealed, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Cook the farro: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the farro according to package directions. Once cooked to al dente, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Cook the chicken: Add the olive oil to a medium skillet over medium heat. If desired, you can add a sprig of rosemary, thyme, and a clove of garlic in to scent the oil with the garlic and herbs. It’s such a simple way to infuse even more flavor into your chicken. Keep an eye on them and once they start to brown, pull them out and discard. Season the chicken on both sides with a few pinches each salt and ground black pepper. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through, until cooked completely. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Cook the asparagus and peas: Add the asparagus and peas to the same skillet you used to cook the chicken, seasoning with a few pinches each salt and ground black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes, until the veggies are tender-crisp.
- Assemble the grain bowls: Add a few large handfuls of the Taylor Farms Organic 50/50 Baby Spring Green and Baby Spinach Mix to a large bowl. Top with a few spoonfuls of the cooked farro, a few slices of the chicken, the asparagus and peas, and the radish. Drizzle with some of the simple lemon vinaigrette. Toss together and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of plays well with butter.