- 1 package Taylor Farms Southwest Chopped Salad Kit
- 1 10–12-oz rib eye steak
- 2-3 tablespoons steak seasoning (I used Traeger Grills’ Prime Rib Rub but feel free to pick your favorite)
- 2-3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 3 small onions, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 2-3 radishes, thinly sliced
- Flake salt, to taste
- Preheat your smoker for 10-15 minutes on its lowest smoke setting. When ready to smoke, give your steak a good rub with the steak seasoning and coat with 2 tablespoons of the grapeseed oil before placing on the grill to smoke for an hour.
- Towards the end of the smoking period, heat a cast iron grill pan on high heat to finish the steak and grill the vegetables.
- Remove the steak from the smoker and add to the hot grill pan, searing each side for a minute to get strong grill marks.
- Set aside and tent with foil to rest while you finish grilling the vegetables.
- Add the remaining grapeseed oil to the grill pan and add the onions, grilling 1-2 minutes per side until they have nice grill marks and have softened on the inside. Remove to a plate and sprinkle with flake salt.
- Add the corn to the pan and cook, rotating every so often, until the corn has nice grill marks. Remove to a bowl and cut off the kernels.
- Once the vegetables have been prepped, slice the steak. You may not need all of it for your salads so be prepared for some leftovers!
- When ready to make the salad, toss the chopped salad greens with the dressing from the kit and divide between two bowls.
- Add the steak, grilled vegetables, and the radishes and then top with the additional kit ingredients (the tortilla strips, pumpkin seeds, etc).
Recipe courtesy of Feed me dearly.