- 4 cups Taylor Farms Mediterranean Crunch Organic Chopped Salad Kit
- 2 cups cooked tri-colored Quinoa (1 cup raw and cooked according to package directions)
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 avocado, pitted, halved, and sliced
- 7 ounces Halloumi, cut and sliced into six 1/4 inch thick pieces
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 15.5 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and dried
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil and lemon slices to serve
- Prepare Quinoa according to package directions and set aside.
- Place rinsed and drained chickpeas over paper towels and dry thoroughly. While quinoa cooks, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add drained chickpeas, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes (until chickpeas begin to crisp on all sides). In the last couple minutes of cooking, add smoked paprika, ground cumin, and salt, and cook another 2-3 minutes. Remove from stove and sprinkle over chopped flat leaf parsley.
- Slice Halloumi into six equal pieces. Heat frying pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Carefully place cheese in pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until golden in color. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Assemble bowls, arranging ingredients in its own section of the bowl (like slices of a pie). a circle! Set out two very large, shallow bowls. To each bowl add 2 cups Taylor Farms Mediterranean Crunch Chopped Salad greens, 1 cup cooked quinoa,, three slices of the fried Halloumi, half of the sliced cucumbers, half the cut tomatoes, half cup olives, 1 cup toasted chickpeas, 1/2 avocado, 1/4 cup sliced red onions. Using half the Salad kit toppings packets, top your Buddha Bowl with Taylor Farms feta, crispy flatbread strips, and drizzle over one packet of the basil vinaigrette. Garnish with a few fresh basil leaves and squeeze over a slice or two of lemon juice.
- Enjoy! Note this recipe uses half of the large family size 19. 02 oz Mediterranean Crunch Organic Chopped Salad Kit and makes two very large servings. The kit will make four large servings; just double all the add-ins above.
Recipe courtesy of Rainy Day Bites.