- 5 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 Cups of arborio rice
- 2 Teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 Cup of pinot grigio or dry white wine
- 6 Cups of vegetable stock
- 2 Cups of shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 Cups of chopped Taylor Farms Kale Medley
- In a large pot bring vegetable stock to a simmer.
- In a large saute pan heat butter on medium-low heat until melted. Add in shallots and cook for 5-10 minutes. Add in arborio rice and coat with butter. Stir in white wine and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add two ladles of vegetable stock to rice along with rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir consistently until most of the stock has absorbed but not dry. Add in another two ladles and repeat until absorbed again. Continue to stir and add in 2 ladles full of stock until all of the stock is incorporated. This process should take you about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove risotto pan from heat. Add in baby kale and shredded white cheddar cheese. Stir together until cheese has melted and kale has wilted. If needed, place a lid on the pot to steam for 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of College Housewife.