- 2 cups quinoa
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled/deveined
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 cups Taylor Farms Greens and Sunshine salad mix
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Add quinoa and 2 cups of water to a rice cooker and set to cook.
- To make the dressing, add all five ingredients to a liquid measuring cup and whisk together with a fork until well-combined. Place in the refrigerator until food is ready.
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare the red onions.
- In a small-medium saute pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. When pan is hot, add in sliced red onion. Stir continuously while onions caramelize.
- After about 3-4 minutes, add 1 clove minced garlic, salt, and pepper to the onions. Continue stirring (tongs are easiest to use for this).
- When onions are soft and almost translucent, turn off the heat and transfer the onions to a bowl.
- When your quinoa is finished, it’s time to cook the shrimp. Heat another tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in your pan. Add the remaining garlic.
- After about 30 seconds, add in your shrimp, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- To assemble your bowl, add in the Taylor Farms Greens and Sunshine salad mix, the quinoa, the red onions, shrimp, and avocado. Top with the honey dijon dressing.
This recipe originally appeared on the blissful balance.