- 4–5 cups Taylor Farms Romaine Hearts , chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½–1 whole English cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- ½–1 whole pint grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ – ¾ cup feta cheese, optional (use more or less to taste)
- pita bread (about 1 per person, give or take)
- oil and vinegar or Greek dressing (*my simple vinaigrette dressing recipe is below)
- Place chopped romaine, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and feta into a large salad bowl. Top with a bit of dressing and toss to combine.
- Slice pitas in half and carefully fill each pocket with a generous amount of salad. Top with extra dressing if needed. Best if eaten right away.
- 1/2 cup quality olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey, optional
Place everything into a jar and secure the lid tightly. Shake until well blended. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Recipe courtesy of Wife Mama Foodie.