1. In a glass bowl or baking dish, add the flank steak. Pour the mojo marinade on top along with ancho chili powder, chopped cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste (start with 1/2 teaspoon of each and go from there). Gently massage the marinade into the meat and make sure it is evenly coated. Place plastic wrap over the bowl/dish. Marinate for 1-2 hours.
2. Preheat grill on medium-high heat. Grill meat for 5-8 minutes on each side, depending on desired doneness. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes. Slice the flank steak against the grain then chop it into cubes. Set aside.
3. In a medium deep nonstick skillet, heat avocado oil over medium-high heat. Fry the thick plantain slices for about 5 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Using a plantain press or a paper towel folded over, smash the plantains to about 1/2 inch thick. Fry the now smashed plantains for about 5 minutes in the same skillet, until golden brown on both sides. Remove and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt. (You can reuse the oil, if you’d like, so no need to discard.)
4. In a large bowl, add the Taylor Farms Roasted Garlic Chopped Salad Kit including the toppings but not the dressing.
5. To assemble, spread a spoonful of mashed avocado on top of each toston. Add a spoonful of the salad on top of the avocado then top with carne asada. Drizzle tostones with roasted garlic dressing. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of A Sassy Spoon.