- 2 cups Taylor Farms Broccoli Florets
- 1/4 cup coconut bacon (or regular cooked bacon, chopped)
- 2 large shallots peeled and thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise (or regular mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water and set aside. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and blanch until bright green and slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Plunge broccoli into ice water to stop the cooking. Drain well and absorb excess liquid with paper towels, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add vegetable oil to a small skillet and heat over medium high heat. Toss the shallot rings with the cornstarch to coat lightly. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the shallots and fry until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and season with salt.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and sugar and whisk until sugar is dissolved. Toss broccoli with dressing and fold in coconut bacon, dried cranberries and half of shallots. Season with salt and pepper and top with remaining shallots.
Recipe courtesy of Le Petit Eats.