- 2 cups (320 g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 16 Tbsp Cold Unsalted Butter cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme optional
- 1 tsp Dried Sage optional
- 7-8 Tbsp Ice Water
Make Quiche Crust
- Sift ﬂour into bowl, whisk in sugar and salt.
- Add butter pieces and begin squeezing them into the ﬂour, mixture with your hands or use a pastry cutter. Continue working the butter until it resembles cornmeal with small pieces of butter. Mix in dried herbs if desired.
- Pour in the ice water (add slowly and work in with hands, until moist dough is formed. should not be soggy).
- Knead the dough 2 or 3 times on a lightly ﬂoured surface and pat into a ball.
- Place the pie crust dough ball in the fridge for 30 min to an hour to chill. (Can make the day before, set on counter an 30 min before making tarts to soften)
- Divide dough into thirds.
- Place on a lightly ﬂoured surface and roll out to 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Line each mini pie pan with dough, gently pressing into bottom and corners.
- Trim away excess dough. Reshape trimming into ball and roll for additional crust.
- Repeat with remaining pie pans.
- Place lined pans in ﬁrdge for 15-30 minutes to ﬁrm.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place chilled pie crusts onto cookie sheet. Prick bottom of crusts with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove.
Assemble Mini Quiches
- In a small bowl hand whisk together milk, eggs, and 2 tsp of bourbon vinaigrette.
- Add chopped spinach, arugula, carrots, cabbages, and iceberg lettuce as desired into each pie crust. Don’t over ﬁll. Just a few pieces of each.
- Divide bacon amongst the six quiche.
- Sprinkle with cheese. I add a good covering of cheese!
- Pour egg mixture into each crust ﬁlling almost to the top.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese.
- Place all six quiche carefully into cookie sheet.
- Gently lower onto middle rack of oven. (too fast and they will spill over!)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on rack before removing from pie pans.
- Serve warm topped with baby arugula, the honey almonds from salad kit and drizzle of additional vinaigrette.
Recipe courtesy of twocupsflour.com