- ¼ cup dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 16-ounce package firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 package Taylor Farms Edamame Asian Crunch Salad
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar, 5 spice, sesame oil and salt. Set aside.
- Drain and remove the tofu from package.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Once hot, add the tofu. Sear tofu on each side for roughly 3 to 4 minutes, until light brown on all sides. Remove and place on a paper-towel lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Place the tofu on a baking dish or any other container with a large surface area and high sides. Pour over the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for roughly 6 to 8 hours, or overnight, turning a couple of times so that each piece gets marinated properly.
- Slice and serve over a Taylor Farms’ salad kit. Drizzle with dressing.
Recipe courtesy of Laurel Street Kitchen.