- 1 lb. extra firm tofu
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 packages Taylor Farms ginger garlic stir fry kit
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- First, cut the tofu block into 8 rectangles, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Then, with a thin tea towel or dish towel, place the rectangles in between and gently press to drain the water out.
- Cut them into cubes, about 1 inch by 1 inch and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, agave, sesame oil, garlic, and chopped bell pepper.
- Toss the tofu in the bowl and allow it to sit for about five minutes. You could even prep this in the morning or the night before to really let it marinate.
- Then, use a slotted spoon to scoop out the tofu and spread the squares out on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Set the marinade bowl aside. You’ll place the cooked tofu in it later.
- Cook the tofu for 1 hour. You can toss and bake it even longer if you want it firmer.
- When the tofu is almost done, place 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook your Taylor Farms Ginger Garlic Stir Fry according to package directions.
- When the tofu is done, return it to the bowl with the marinade sauce and toss.
- Plate your stir fry, top with a heaping pile of tofu, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This recipe originally appeared on The Toasted Pine Nut.