For the base:
- 2 puff pastry sheets, defrosted for 15 minutes
- 1 tsp mix of white and black sesame seeds(optional)
- 1 cup packed basil
- ⅓ cup walnut
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp parmesan grated
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅓ tsp freshly cracked pepper
- ⅓ tsp salt
- Taylor Farms Sweet Kale Salad Kit
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 hard boiled egg thinly sliced
- 4 red radishes, washed and thinly sliced
- Goat cheese crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet, Roll out 1 sheet of the pastry sheet so it all uniform and the seams are blended well. Cut a few long 1 inch strips from the other pastry sheet and stick it with a help of some water on the sides. Pierce the middle of the puff pastry well so it does not puff up too much. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on the sides on top of the thin strips and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until it is fully crispy and baked.
- Take it out and let it cool completely before topping it with the salad.
- Once completely cool, spread a few tablespoons of the pesto evenly in the middle of the pastry. Top it will the sweet kale salad. Drizzle with some olive oil, don’t drench it. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. You can cover the sides of the puff pastry with some silver foil so that it doesn’t burn or turn dark.
- Put it in the oven again for another 10 minutes for the kale to wilt and crisp up. Take it out and arrange the eggs, radishes and top with some goat cheese crumbles. When you are ready to serve, top it your favorite dressing or the dressing that comes with the kit.
Recipe courtesy of Food Fashion Party.