- ½ container of Taylor Farm’s chef-inspired kale + beet salad (about 4 oz)
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful of watercress (or micro greens)
- 2 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 2 eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoon hemp hearts
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- In your bowls (or plates) divide the Taylor Farms chef-inspired salad, avocado (sliced, if desired), watercress, and crumbled blue cheese.
- Poach the eggs: crack one egg into a small ramekin or bowl.
- Bring ⅓ of a pot of water to a boil, and then turn it down so it’s simmering.
- Use a spoon to swirl the water, creating a whirlpool.
- Gently, slide the egg into the center of the whirlpool and continue to swirl the water as the egg cooks.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the egg, allow the excess water to drip off, and place it on top of the salad.
- Continue this process with the second egg.
- Toast your pine nuts: place your pine nuts on a skillet over medium heat, shaking the pan frequently.
- After about 1 – 2 minutes, when the nuts become fragrant, remove the pan from the heat adn continue to shake the nuts in the pan until they become golden-brown.
- Sprinkle each poached egg with salt, pepper, pepper flakes (as desired), toasted pine nuts, and hemp hearts.
- Drizzle the whole salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
This recipe originally appeared on The Toasted Pine Nut.