For Southwest Salad
For Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Taylor Farms Power Greens Mix (baby spinach and baby kale)
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, any color, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes, 15.5 ounces
- 1 can fire roasted chilies, 4 ounces
- 1 can black beans, 15 ounces, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag frozen corn kernels, 16 ounces
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 4 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt (to taste)
- pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Mission Avocados, sliced
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Crunchy tortilla strips
- lime wedges
- To make the soup, add all soup ingredients to the slow cooker EXCEPT the greens and lime juice. Stir to mix, heat on low for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove chicken and shred with a fork, then return to the crock pot, along with the greens and lime juice. Stir and allow to cook for about 5 more minutes, until greens are wilted but still bright green.
- Prepare southwest salad according to instructions, top with diced avocados.
- Serve soup in bowls topped with avocados, shredded cheese, tortilla strips, lime wedges and if desired cilantro.
- Serve southwest chopped salad alongside soup.
Recipe courtesy of Fox and Briar.