- 2–3 tablespoons avocado or other neutral cooking oil, divided
- 1 9 oz. bag Taylor Farms Broccoli Florets
- 1 medium onion, cut into large chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3–4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves
- salt and pepper
- juice of ½ a small lemon, optional
- plain yogurt for serving, optional
- good olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place broccoli florets, chopped onion, and garlic onto a
- baking sheet. Drizzle with 1–2 tablespoons of oil and sprinkle generously with salt
- and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place pan into the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes, just until broccoli is lightly browned.
- Drizzle remaining tablespoon of oil into a large dutch oven or pot. Add potatoes and sauté for 2–3 minutes. Stir in the roasted
- broccoli, onions, garlic from the pan and enough broth to cover, about 2–3 cups.
- Bring soup to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until potatoes are fork
- tender, about 10–15 minutes. Turn off the stove.
- Add spinach and stir to wilt. Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place soup mixture into a high powered blender or use an immersion blender to blend until creamy. Add additional broth, if
- necessary, to blend. Stir in lemon juice, to taste.
- Pour soup into bowls and swirl in plain yogurt and a drizzle of olive oil. Makes 2–3 servings.
This recipe originally appeared on Wifemamafoodie.