- 1 Taylor Farms Homestyle Ranch & Cheddar Shred Cutz Salad Kit
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and thoroughly rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3-4 large ears of corn, shucked and cleaned of stringy bits
- 6 ounces (1 cup) fresh blueberries
- 2 peaches, ripe but firm and sliced
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- BBQ sauce of choice
- Optional– chopped cilantro, chopped green onion, sunflower seeds
- FOR THE CHICKPEAS: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Drain, rinse and, using a paper towel, pat dry the chickpeas. Transfer chickpeas to a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until light brown and toasted.
- FOR THE CORN AND ZUCCHINI: Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Prepare zucchini and corn and lightly oil grill grates (note- you may also brush your vegetables with a thin layer of olive oil prior to grilling, however I rarely do so. Especially when the vegetables will be mixed within a salad or other dish). Transfer corn directly to the grill first, as they will take longer to cook. Cook the corn for approximately 10-12 minutes, rotating every 2-3 minutes. When the corn is nearly finished, reduce heat to medium and add the zucchini. Cook each side of the zucchini for approximately 3 minutes, or until just starting to turn tender and soft. Remove from the grill and set aside to cool.
- ASSEMBLE: In a large salad bowl add the entire contents of the Taylor Farms Homestyle Ranch & Cheddar Shred Cutz Salad Kit EXCEPT for the ranch dressing. Once the chickpeas and vegetables have cooled, transfer to the salad bowl (making sure to shuck the corn and chop the zucchini before) and toss well. Add the blueberries, sliced peaches (or STARS :), chopped avocado and drizzle with desired amount of ranch dressing and BBQ sauce.
- TOSS IT ALL TOGETHER.
- Divide salad between desired number of servings bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro, green onion, sunflower seeds and additional ranch or BBQ sauce, if desired.
- Best served immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Coffee & Crayons.