Verification of Employment
Taylor Farms, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to attracting and retaining the best possible talent to help manage and grow our business. We are looking for energetic people who share our commitment to innovation, quality, and excellence, and who are as passionate about healthy fresh foods as we are.
Annapolis Junction, MD
About Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc.
Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc. is dedicated to being North America’s favorite maker of salads and healthy fresh foods. Our “Taylor Family” includes nearly 12,000 team members who are passionate about making high quality, great tasting products for families across North America. As we continue to rapidly grow, we have a career opportunity available for a talented and motivated individual to join our Prepared Foods & Deli team as a Category Manager located in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
About the Role
The Category Manager is responsible for the development and management of several functions including report modeling and competitive analysis across a portfolio of prepared foods product sets and customers. This position will work with the Sales team and Senior Leadership to develop and manage our strategic plan for new business development for national customers along with ongoing business reviews. The scope of this role will include multiple product sets, 10 national customers, and over 1,500 finished goods SKUs. The individual will also be responsible for developing and implementing standardized reporting tools across all multiple data structures. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop processes and systems to define, measure, analyze and correct sales metrics at a programmatic level, while still balancing the need to rapidly prioritize and address immediate anomalies.
- Proactively monitor product sets to ensure competitiveness, optimal structures, and profitability
- Develop and manage strategic sales snapshots with national sales team
- Perform analyses and develop reports/dashboards
- Promote communication and collaboration with key stakeholders across business units
- Provide continual focus on process improvement
- 5+ years of related experience in strategic, leadership, and analytical roles required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations, Economics, or other related field required
- Expertise in Excel, Access, and SQL/databases required, with Halo and Axapta experience preferred
- Expertise in advanced analytics and simulation development required, with ability to learn new software
- Experience managing programs across multiple locations/territories preferred
- Proactive individual with high attention to detail
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Potential for 25% domestic travel, particularly in the early months of employment.
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type the following in the subject line: Category Manager, Prepared Foods & Deli Division
Project Manager, Kroger Deli Fresh Kitchen
About Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc.
Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc. is dedicated to being North America’s favorite maker of salads and healthy fresh foods. Our “Taylor Family” includes nearly 12,000 team members who are passionate about making high quality, great tasting products for families across North America. As we continue to rapidly grow, we have a career opportunity available for a talented and motivated individual to join our Prepared Foods & Deli team as a Project Manager, Kroger Deli Fresh Kitchen located in Dallas, Texas.
About the Role
The Project Manager, Kroger Deli Fresh Kitchen will lead and manage specific Kroger divisions with new Fresh Kitchen product development projects and manage the current assortment sustainably with sales/revenue. Key responsibilities include:
- Daily reports and division communications.
- Work hand-in-hand to coordinate division projects with the National Sales Manager and streamline the execution of “speed to market” strategy. Close communications to National Sales Manager, with weekly updates and progress reports.
- Work closely with Operations to help educate and utilize current production capabilities. Work closely with local Procurement teams and Quality Assurance teams as needed. Assist with volume forecast and needs.
- Be the key communicator for coordinating and communicating progress on new initiatives and new projects with the Sales, Marketing, and Operations teams. This will include communicating timeline details.
- Work with local R&D / Product Development Chef to develop new and emerging product categories to generate new sales opportunities for regional and national product needs. Competitive store / market visits to assist with division needs and wants.
- Generate weekly sales reports; manage broker communications at each division level, as well as store credits and feedback for improvements; support stores and grand openings as needed; conduct division presentations and relationship building; work with transportation and shipping teams as needed.
- Create and manage the costing information for all new products throughout the initial rollout. Review revenue and profitability.
- Provide product quality feedback to Operations for improvement. Support execution with new product launches and broker on-going coaching and training for continued focus.
- 5+ experience in customer management roles
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exceptional project management experience, with experience in successfully adhering to scopes, costs, and timelines
- Experience with new product rollouts, as well as facilitation of customer sales growth
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player with ability to assertively navigate internal relationships with Sales and Operations teams, as well as to build and expand relationships with external customers
Potential for 20% domestic travel.
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume via email to email@example.com. Please type the following in the subject line: Project Manager, Kroger Deli Fresh Kitchen_Texas
About Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc.
Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc. is dedicated to being North America’s favorite maker of salads and healthy fresh foods. Our “Taylor Family” includes nearly 12,000 team members who are passionate about making high quality, great tasting products for families across North America. As we continue to rapidly grow, we have a career opportunity available for a talented and motivated individual to join our Taylor Farms Pacific team as a Maintenance Manager located in Tracy, California.
About the Role
The Maintenance Manager ensures the delivery of plant maintenance and engineering services. This person provides leadership and direction in assessing, determining and executing facility capital expenditures and maintenance enhancement needs with significant focus on improving productivity, minimizing labor & overhead costs, as well as minimizing product, ingredient and packaging waste while assuring highest levels of employee and food safety, quality, sanitation and regulatory compliance. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures mechanical and electrical expertise is available to production and other departments to maintain production systems, utilities, building and grounds in a 24-hour, 7-days per week operation.
- Collaborates with plant and senior management to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability and overall equipment effectiveness utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure.
- Designs, specifies and commissions capital projects which deliver project scope, on-time and on-budget, meeting agreed to stakeholder expectations.
- Develops, reports and analyzes key maintenance performance indicators as a means to create and implement corrective actions.
- Remains current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
- Ensures corporate policies and standards are followed in both capital project implementation as well as daily maintenance.
- Shares best practices within the Maintenance Department.
- Promotes a safe and environmentally sound workplace that complies with all applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management.
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments and other plant facilities within the Company.
- Ensures compliance with all procedures internal to Taylor Farms and from national suppliers.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager, including planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Auto CAD.
- Experience managing capital projects.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Employee Safety, and Workers Compensation experience preferred.
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Ability to follow Continuous Improvement (CI) Processes in the Management Operating Structure.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader, with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type the following in the subject line: Maintenance Manager, Taylor Farms Pacific
Continuous Improvement Manager
About Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc.
Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc. is dedicated to being North America’s favorite maker of salads and healthy fresh foods. Our “Taylor Family” includes nearly 12,000 team members who are passionate about making high quality, great tasting products for families across North America. As we continue to rapidly grow, we have a career opportunity available for a talented and motivated individual to join our Taylor Farms Pacific team as a Continuous Improvement Manager located in Tracy, California.
About the Role
The Continuous Improvement Manager leads all facets associated with driving operating efficiency efforts to eliminate waste and reduce manufacturing and/or operational costs. This person designs, implements and champions plant manufacturing projects that support increased productivity, operating efficiencies, Food Safety and Quality programs, and will be responsible for reducing Total Cost of Ownership as well. He or she will be expected to identify opportunities, present solutions and drive execution of continuous improvement plans with maximum ROI, using proven TQM and Manufacturing solutions. Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with plant leadership to develop and foster a continuous improvement culture.
- Lead and manage root cause analysis, problem solving, and corrective action to reduce production losses.
- Coordinate and align continuous improvement efforts as directed by company goals and objectives.
- Identify key waste initiatives, including seeking out and eliminating waste in all plant functions.
- Aid in development of systems, programs, start-up procedures, and production processes for new production lines.
- Support plant operation management, employees and teams in improving operational excellence.
- Assist in achievement of key performance indicators (KPI) and communicate results on a continuous basis.
- Lead projects using proven engineering and lean manufacturing methods when opportunities are uncovered to improve existing processes and instill positive sustainability.
- Lead overall manufacturing equipment effectiveness implementation and continuous improvement efforts.
- Launch and lead effective use of appropriate Lean Manufacturing tools.
- Attend required training, including but not limited to Safety, GMP, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
- Follow all good manufacturing practices (GMP’s) and work in a manner consistent with all corporate regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial engineering or related field
- 5 years of direct supervisory engineering experience, preferably in food processing facility
- 5-7 years of experience in process improvement
- Certification and/or License (Minimum Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (IASSC))
- Expert-level Excel skills are required, with strong SQL and Access experience preferred
- Mastery knowledge of packaging and processing technology, specifically in food manufacturing environment
- Mastery knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Skill in root cause analysis techniques
- Able to think strategically and creatively
- Able to effectively analyze and interpret data
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines, and to manage multiple various projects with sense of urgency
- Able to handle challenging or conflict situations with tact and professionalism
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to promote a team environment
- Ability to elicit cooperation from variety of sources, including senior management, plant operations team members, and others
- Able to work collaboratively with employees in a variety of departments and build consensus around key initiatives
- Must be hands-on, high energy, flexible, and responsive to a dynamic work environment
- Bilingual Skills (English/Spanish) a plus
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume via email to email@example.com. Please type the following in the subject line: Continuous Improvement Manager, Taylor Farms Pacific
Director of Operations
About Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc.
Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc. is dedicated to being North America’s favorite maker of salads and healthy fresh foods. Our “Taylor Family” includes nearly 12,000 team members who are passionate about making high quality, great tasting products for families across North America. As we continue to rapidly grow, we have a career opportunity available for a talented and motivated individual to join our Taylor Farms Florida team as a Director of Operations located in Orlando, Florida.
About the Role
The Director of Operations is ultimately responsible for production of finished goods to specification across all production lines and customers, development of assets to support customer growth, the successful and on-time delivery of product to the company’s customers, and multiple segments of the plant-wide P&L. The Director of Operations has overall responsibility for multiple direct and indirect departments within the plant, including production, maintenance and facility, warehousing, and transportation. He or she will have interaction with procurement, as well as non-operational departments, including finance, quality assurance, and sales will also be required. Key responsibilities include:
- Possess detailed knowledge of product set, customers, plant capacity, and efficiencies, and will use such knowledge as the basis for directing departments under the Director and in day-to-day as well as long-term decision-making
- Responsible for order fulfillment and quality
- Responsible for on-time shipment and delivery of customer orders
- Responsible for plant R&M spend, asset utilization, and up time
- Responsible for ensuring enough inbound raw material and ingredients are available to meet customer demand
- Ability to work in tandem with other departments while driving efficiencies and order fulfillment
- Be able to work with finance on reporting metrics, standard development, and variance analysis
- Ensure sufficient system capacity exists to support existing customer demand while positioning plant to be able to expand current customer program and new customer launches
- Interact with customers (internal and external) as required
- Responsible for all direct labor spend in facility and majority of indirect labor spend and meeting budgeted spend targets, including staffing need model
- Primarily responsible for future growth/capacity planning for the facility
- Production planning department
- This position will have 7 direct reports
- 5+ years of Operations Manager-level experience required
- Prior manufacturing experience required
- Experience in short shelf-life, perishable, food production, value-add commissary production etc. Experience with produce items ideal.
- Experience in producing for a “make today, ship today” environment, rather than for stock is preferred.
- Experience in both automated and manual production environments preferred.
- Experience with large number of employees and spoken languages preferred.
- Proven organizational and management skills, particularly demonstrated in a rapid growth/expansion scenario.
- Must be able to grasp and manage the business, production data and metrics, standards and variances via company ERP, as well as information collected outside of the ERP. Must possess a detailed understanding of how metrics are generated and analyzed, as well as feed models such as labor and capacity.
- A proven ability (able to be vetted) to fully understand a manufacturing business and show adaptability to organizational personality and philosophy, constantly changing SKU set, unique business demands, and a leadership style which embodies and furthers a “lead from the production floor” mindset.
- Must have experience in managing multiple departments and personalities amongst managerial direct reports.
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type the following in the subject line: Director of Operations, Taylor Farms Florida